We're here to help you with any question you may have about the American Cancer Society Gears Of Hope-Duneland Tour Presented by Lakeside Wealth Management event. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about our event. If you are experiencing online difficulties or have a question that is not answered here, please call our 24/7 help line at 1-800-227-2345.

Event FAQs »   I   Technical FAQs »

line break

EVENT FAQs

What happens with the money raised from the American Cancer Society Gears Of Hope-Duneland Tour Presented by Lakeside Wealth Management event?
Funds raised through American Cancer Society Gears Of Hope-Duneland Tour Presented by Lakeside Wealth Management event support the American Cancer Society's fight to end cancer. Specifically, these dollars are used to make a difference in the following ways:

• Helping people take steps to reduce their risk of cancer or find it early when it is most treatable
  • Investing in research to find, prevent, treat, and cure the disease
  • Providing free information and services to help people facing cancer today - when and where they need it - including transportation, lodging, wigs, support programs, and more

For more details, please visit How Donations Save Lives.

Can we join and participate as a team?
Absolutely! You may register as either an individual or get together a group of individuals and join as a team.

I registered as an individual participant and would like to be part of a team, how do I become a team member?
Gears Of Hope staff needs to make this change for you. Please email wendy.mang@cancer.org and let us know what team you would like to join.

Is there a registration fee or fundraising minimum?

Is my registration fee tax deductible?
Yes, tax deductible to the full extent of the law. When you register online you will receive a confirmation e-mail that serves as your receipt for tax purposes. When registering by mail or in person, your cancelled check serves as your receipt. For cash, a receipt can be given.

What should I do if I raise funds offline?
If you have a personal fundraiser or team fundraiser where you have collected cash/checks and want the money to be reflected in your fundraising thermometer, you can send them to American Cancer Society at the address below. These will then be entered in to your Dashboard and will reflect on your thermometer. The participant will be notified with an email when this is entered. Donors can find an individualized form on your “Personal Page” that has the address pre-printed of where to send their donations along with your name and ID number.

Mailing Address
American Cancer Society
130 Red Coach Drive
Mishawaka, In 46545

How do I make sure funds turned in are counted towards my totals?
In order to have your fundraising donations officially counted, the checks/money must be turned in at the rider registration stations at the event check in or by sending checks to American Cancer Society. Please make sure to include your name somewhere or print off your personalized donation form off of your personal page to make sure that it is credited to your total.

If I make a donation online using my credit card, will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
Yes. After submitting your online donation you will be directed to a confirmation page that can be printed for your tax records. In addition, an email will be sent to the email address you provided at the time you made the donation that includes a receipt that can be printed for your records. Both the confirmation page and the email receipt will provide you with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

If I mail in my donation, will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
Yes. The American Cancer society will mail a letter, along with a receipt for tax records, approximately six weeks after they receive the donation. The receipt will provide the donor with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

Need help with the website?
Visit the Technical Questions and Online Help page for the most frequently asked questions, or you can call our 24/7 help line at 1-800-227-2345 for assistance.

Need more information?
Please contact Wendy Mang (219) 241-2348 or email wendy.mang@cancer.org

Back to top »