We're here to help you with any question you may have about the American Cancer Society Bicycles Battling Cancer event. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about our event. If you are experiencing online difficulties or have a question that is not answered here, please call our 24/7 help line at 1-800-227-2345.

Event FAQs »   I   Technical FAQs »

line break

EVENT FAQs

What happens with the money raised from the American Cancer Society Bicycles Battling Cancer event?
Funds raised through American Cancer Society Bicycles Battling Cancer event support the American Cancer Society's fight to end cancer. Specifically, these dollars are used to make a difference in the following ways:

• Helping people take steps to reduce their risk of cancer or find it early when it is most treatable
  • Investing in research to find, prevent, treat, and cure the disease
  • Providing free information and services to help people facing cancer today - when and where they need it - including transportation, lodging, wigs, support programs, and more

For more details, please visit How Donations Save Lives.

Can we join and participate as a team?
Absolutely! You may register as either an individual or get together a group of individuals and join as a team.

I registered as an individual participant and would like to be part of a team, how do I become a team member?
Bicycles Battling Cancer staff needs to make this change for you. Please email BicyclesBattlingCancer@cancer.org and let us know what team you would like to join.

Is there a registration fee or fundraising minimum?

Is my registration fee tax deductible?
Yes, tax deductible to the full extent of the law. When you register online you will receive a confirmation e-mail that serves as your receipt for tax purposes. When registering by mail or in person, your cancelled check serves as your receipt. For cash, a receipt can be given.

What should I do if I raise funds offline?
If you have a personal fundraiser or team fundraiser where you have collected cash/checks and want the money to be reflected in your fundraising thermometer, you can send them to American Cancer Society at the address below. These will then be entered in to your Dashboard and will reflect on your thermometer. The participant will be notified with an email when this is entered. Donors can find an individualized form on your “Personal Page” that has the address pre-printed of where to send their donations along with your name and ID number.

Mailing AddressAmerican Cancer Society
ATTN: Bicycles Battling Cancer
30 Speen St
Framingham, MA 01701

How do I make sure funds turned in are counted towards my totals?
In order to have your fundraising donations officially counted, the checks/money must be turned in at the rider registration stations at the event check in or by sending checks to American Cancer Society. Please make sure to include your name somewhere or print off your personalized donation form off of your personal page to make sure that it is credited to your total.

If I make a donation online using my credit card, will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
Yes. After submitting your online donation you will be directed to a confirmation page that can be printed for your tax records. In addition, an email will be sent to the email address you provided at the time you made the donation that includes a receipt that can be printed for your records. Both the confirmation page and the email receipt will provide you with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

If I mail in my donation, will I receive a receipt for my tax records?
Yes. The American Cancer society will mail a letter, along with a receipt for tax records, approximately six weeks after they receive the donation. The receipt will provide the donor with the value of your contribution that is tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.

Need help with the website?
Visit the Technical Questions and Online Help page for the most frequently asked questions, or you can call our 24/7 help line at 1-800-227-2345 for assistance.

Need more information?
Please contact Robbin Price at (508) 270-4665 or email at BicyclesBattlingCancer@cancer.org.

Back to top »

line break

TECHNICAL FAQs

How do I sign up online?
We make it quick and easy for you to sign up and raise money online. Simply click Get Involved and then select Sign Up to form a new team or join an existing team. From there, follow a few easy steps to complete the process. If you have further questions about signing up, call our 24/7 help line at 1-800-227-2345. View our step-by-step guide for signing up online »

What is Society Account?
On November 19, 2014, the American Cancer Society account login process was upgraded. This update ensures proper security and a consistent experience across all American Cancer Society applications. Now you can login using your preferred social account login credentials or your email address. Additionally, you will be recognized at all of our event sites, so there will be no need for multiple user names and passwords.

The American Cancer Society will require you to make this change during THIS event season, so please take a few moments to update your account.

What if I registered using multiple email addresses in the past?
Use the most recent email address with which you registered. After this upgrade, you won’t have to remember multiple email addresses if you participate in a variety of American Cancer Society events. Once you’ve updated your account and created a new password, you’ll be able to access any of our event or program sites using your newly created American Cancer Society account login information.

What should I do if I can’t login or have questions about this process?
Feel free to call our web site support desk at 877-957-7848. We’re always ready to assist you with any question you might have.

What happens after I sign up online?
Signing up online gives you immediate access to your Fundraising Dashboard, an online tool that makes it easy to send emails to multiple friends and family members to ask for their support. When you send emails through the Fundraising Dashboard, your donors will receive a link to your personal fundraising page so they can make quick and secure online donations. You can also use your Fundraising Dashboard to track online and offline (cash and check) donations, and to send thank you emails. To learn more about your Fundraising Dashboard, view our participant experience guide.

What is a personal page?
A personal page is an online promotional tool for your use when asking your friends and family to join your team or sponsor you. Your personal page will allow your donors to make safe, secure online donations directly to the American Cancer Society of your behalf. Once you sign up for an event online, by default, you will have a personal page created for you. You have the option of personalizing this page through your Fundraising Dashboard with a picture and your reason to participate in the American Cancer Society Bicycles Battling Cancer event.

My personal page already has default content in it. Do I have to change it?
No, but we recommend you do. A compelling personal page will help boost your fundraising results (and isn't everything better when it's personalized?). A compelling personal page will attract and engage supporters, so it's best if you tell your story. Emails you send through the your Fundraising Dashboard will link people to your personal page, so be sure your page reflects your personal words and photos and is an expression of your commitment to the cause.

Can I set a personal fundraising goal?
We definitely encourage you to set a personal fundraising goal and the fundraising tools we provide you will help you meet or exceed it! The donations you raise can be for any amount.

How do I use my user name and password?
Log in with your user name and password by clicking the Log In button at the top right of the page. If you have visited the site before, your computer may have a “cookie“ saved and will recognize you and log you in automatically. A “cookie” is a small piece of information a Web site leaves on a visitor's computer when the visitor is browsing the site. Cookies remember information about a visitor for use at a later time. Logging in provides access to the Fundraising Dashboard, your personal page, your team's information, and online tools to encourage your friends and family to support you.

What if I've forgotten my user name and/or password?
Remember that your user name and password are case-sensitive. If you need assistance retrieving your user name and password, you can request an email containing your login information.

How do I change my user name and/or password?
Log in to the Fundraising Dashboard using your user name and password. In the Fundraising Tools section look for the Profile link, click on it, and you will be able to change your contact information, email address, user name, and password. All changes will be made to your account immediately. There is no need to log in again.

Is my information secure?
The American Cancer Society makes every effort to protect your personal information. We use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption techniques to ensure that your credit card information, passwords, and personal information travel securely over the Internet. There is also an encryption engine on our database server that securely stores your data.

How is credit card information handled?
Credit card information is not stored in our database. During the donation process, we send donor credit card information to an online processing terminal using a secure connection. The information passed back is an approval or denial of the credit card donation.

How do I unsubscribe from emails?
Toward the bottom of each email message, there is a link that states "Click Here to Unsubscribe from This Email Message." Click the link and follow the instructions to unsubscribe. Please remember that the emails we send you are related to your event and often contain helpful updates. Unsubscribing might cause you to miss out on important information.

What if I accidentally unsubscribed and want to re-subscribe?
No problem. Simply log in using your user name and password, and then click My Profile. You can then update your email preferences to ensure you receive important event emails.

How do I ask people to support my effort?
Our easy-to-use online fundraising tool allows you to safely and securely upload email addresses of friends and family into your event address book. By using our email templates, or by creating your own, you can ask everyone you know to join you as a participant or support you with a donation.

How do I change my personal fundraising goal?
Log in to the Fundraising Dashboard using your user name and password. From the My Progress section, you can modify your personal fundraising goal. Simply click Edit Goal, enter your new goal, and submit the changes.

How do I change my team name or team goal?
Only the team captain has the ability to change the team name or team goal. The team captain will need to log in to the Fundraising Dashboard, click the My Team tab and then select View/Edit under to update the team name and goal.

How can I see who has donated to me?
Log in to the Fundraising Dashboard using your user name and password. From the My Donations section, you can view your donor list and the amounts donated.

How can I see who is on my team?
Log in to the Fundraising Dashboard using your user name and password and then click on the My Team tab. This will allow you to view your team roster and the amounts raised by each team member.

What is the difference between making my personal page private or public?
By default, a personal page is public, meaning your name will appear on the participant search list, and anyone visiting the site will be able to support your fundraising efforts. Setting your personal page to "private" via the tools in your Fundraising Dashboard may hinder your fundraising efforts, because your name will not appear in the participant search list and only people who have a direct link to your page will be able to support you.

When I click a link, I see a page I visited previously instead of the page I'm trying to visit. Why is that?
Most browsers have "caching issues," which means your computer may remember something you don't want it to. This is common when you frequently use the back button on a site, and can also happen if you're using a shared computer. Visit your browser's Web site or access your browser's Help menu for specific information on how to clear your cache.

If you continue to experience problems after clearing your cache, completely exit the browser (close all open windows, regardless of what site is open in that window), and then reopen the browser. This will clear session data, which can also cause caching issues.

What is The American Cancer Society FUNdraising App?

The American Cancer Society FUNdraising app has been completely redesigned from the ground up. The new ACS FUNdraising app makes on-the-go fundraising and event management for all community events easier than ever before.

With the ACS FUNdraising App users are able to:

• Easily and securely accept credit card and check donations
  • Utilize PayPal for easy, no-card-needed fundraising
  • Solicit donations and send donation reminders via email, text message, Facebook, or Twitter
  • Set and update your personal or team goals
  • Track your personal or team goals
  • Share your progress via Facebook, Twitter, email or text

The ACS FUNdraising app is available now for iOS and Android.

Back to top »

Questions?  Contact Robbin Price line BicyclesBattlingCancer@cancer.orgline(508) 270-4665lineor view Online Help