The American Cancer Society has been saving lives for more than 100 years. Today, we’re helping save more than 400 lives a day that would have otherwise been lost to cancer. We won't stop until we finish the fight. We’re putting your dollars to work now doing the most in every community to help people with cancer today and working tirelessly to find cures to end the disease tomorrow.
So, how is the American Cancer Society helping end cancer? With your support, we are saving lives by:
Helping People Stay Well
We help people understand what screening tests they need and the steps to take to protect themselves from cancer by developing prevention and early detection guidelines that are the industry standard.
Helping People Get Well
We are in every community providing free information and services when and where people need it. If you need someone to talk with at 3 a.m. (or any other time of the day or night), we’re here. If your friend is losing her hair because of chemo, your mother needs a ride to treatment, or if a loved one needs a place to stay while in treatment away from home, we are the ones who can help.
- Road To Recovery® drivers offer transportation assistance to and from treatment.
- Hope Lodge® facilities provide free lodging for those having to travel for treatment.
- Look Good Feel Better workshops teach beauty techniques to female cancer patients to help them manage appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- Reach To Recovery emotional support programs connect newly diagnosed breast cancer patients with survivors.
- Cancer education classes.
- An online support network.
- Plus, information from a trained Cancer Information Specialist is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling 1-800-227-2345.
The American Cancer Society invests more in research to find, prevent, treat, and cure cancer than any other non-governmental organization. We fund research to find cures for all types of cancer, because we know that discoveries in one area can often help find answers in another. As a result, we've played a role in nearly every major cancer research breakthrough in recent history, including establishing mammography as the standard for finding cancer early, discovering lifesaving treatments, and better understanding factors that can reduce our risk of getting cancer. Read what's new in cancer research »
Fighting for Everyone
Our nonprofit, nonpartisan advocacy affiliate - the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network℠ (ACS CAN) - works with legislators and policymakers to support laws and policies to defeat cancer and rally communities to join the fight. ACS CAN works tirelessly to keep the fight against cancer a top priority for our nation’s lawmakers. ACS CAN gives ordinary people extraordinary power to fight cancer with the training and tools they need to make their voices heard.
Learn how ACS CAN works hard to keep cancer funding a top priority for our nation's lawmakers »
Questions? Contact Pan Ohio Hope Ride Team firstname.lastname@example.org x 1222or view Online Help